Bodett.com BioBodett.com BlogBodett.com BookshelfBodett.com

Thursday, February 15, 2007

El Norte

Sylvia, a family friend from Mexico City, arrived in Vermont for a nice long visit about six hours ahead of the worst New England snowstorm in two years. Yesterday, as the snow blew sideways past our house for sixteen solid hours, she padded around with a pained smile on her lips and horror in her eyes -- the kind of expression one might pose were your host's septic system to violently fail. Today the sun is shining and the field looks like the February shot on a Vermont calendar or maybe a Windham Hill album cover. They don't have that in Mexico City. Then again, they don't have frostbite either, I suppose.

2 Comments:

Blogger Suz said...

Okay, my first comment went into oblivion, so if you are prompted to accept or deny, please choose only one so I don't look like an idiot.

Going from memory, I said:

Did you remind Sylvia that she could be stuck in some God forsaken airport at this very moment? I hope she's enjoying the picturesque scenery now since it appears it will be a cozy visit.

Your Small Comforts arrived at my door today from Barnes and Noble. I am very much looking forward to it. Thank you.

1:04 AM  
Blogger Tom Bodett said...

Actually, that was me stuck at the God forsaken airport on my way to Nashville. I don't like to advertise on the internet when I'm out of town, but my family is gone too so there's nothing there bu stuff. If anyone is thinking of breaking into my house, I ask just two things: wipe your feet, and leave the photos. Oh, and the neighbor has a gun.

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

© Current Tom Bodett
All Rights Reserved


Reproduction or distribution of any article or portion of this website - such as copying and
pasting into an email to send to all your crummy friends, or harrassing pregnant women,
or for implementation as a flotation device -- is strictly prohibited without written
permission from Bodett.com. We mean it. Don't do it.
Steps will be taken. Oh yes. Steps will be taken.
(Unless you really want to, then go ahead. We don't care.)