Bodett.com BioBodett.com BlogBodett.com BookshelfBodett.com

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Saying I Love You with a Power Tool

(From time to time people write to this blog posing questions which presuppose I know something. Rather than admit that I don't I generally ignore them. However, every so often one comes along...)

Tom,
I know you are both a tool enthusiast and a veteran husband and hope you can help. My husband really wants a portable drill for Christmas, but his mother has warned me that buying your man a tool for Christmas is like the guy buying his wife an appliance for the kitchen. In other words: "Here's something that will help you serve me better." Is this true?
-RS in Madison

Dear R, if I may call you R, your mother-in-law is either addled, ignorant, or has already bought him the tool. Believe me, nothing says 'I love you' like a 1/2" Makita 18v variable speed drill. The kitchen appliance thing may be true for some women, but a good tool never needs an apology or justification. This I know to be true.

Next question?


2 Comments:

Blogger Suz said...

This is excellent information for a female to know! Thank you. Maybe next time you could shed some light on why guys can't remember anniversaries and birthdays?

(PS-Long time reader. I love, love, love your blog)!!

12:53 AM  
Blogger piglet said...

You're a master at hint dropping. I like the helpful link.

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

© Current Tom Bodett
All Rights Reserved


Reproduction or distribution of any article or portion of this website - such as copying and
pasting into an email to send to all your crummy friends, or harrassing pregnant women,
or for implementation as a flotation device -- is strictly prohibited without written
permission from Bodett.com. We mean it. Don't do it.
Steps will be taken. Oh yes. Steps will be taken.
(Unless you really want to, then go ahead. We don't care.)