Bodett.com BioBodett.com BlogBodett.com BookshelfBodett.com

Monday, June 05, 2006

Obscure and Slightly Famous

I want to thank all of you faithful correspondents who tune into this dreck and give me the courtesy of responding. I don't blog much, but the blogging I do is very satisfying. It's probably a good thing my mother is gone. That previous sentence would have alarmed her terribly.

I had a great time in Chicago last weekend with another Wait,Wait -- Don't Tell Me appearance, once again with Sue Ellicott and Charlie Pierce. Chris Ferguson from the Late Late Show was the 'Not My Job' guest and he stole the show. Unfortunately most of his best stuff wasn't fit for broadcast. Oh well, the live audience had a ball. It is a two hour live show edited down to one. A lot of good stuff never makes it off the producers' hard-drive.

The New York Times gave Wait,Wait a very nice write-up in the Sunday June 4 edition. They described the roster of panelists as (a) "crew of obscure and slightly famous humorists." I love it. Now I'm trying to decide which to put on my business card, Obscure Humorist or the weightier Slightly Famous Humorist. I've always tried to find a handle for this odd occupation of mine, and I have the New York Times to thank for one, at last.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© Current Tom Bodett
All Rights Reserved


Reproduction or distribution of any article or portion of this website - such as copying and
pasting into an email to send to all your crummy friends, or harrassing pregnant women,
or for implementation as a flotation device -- is strictly prohibited without written
permission from Bodett.com. We mean it. Don't do it.
Steps will be taken. Oh yes. Steps will be taken.
(Unless you really want to, then go ahead. We don't care.)