Bodett.com BioBodett.com BlogBodett.com BookshelfBodett.com

Monday, April 03, 2006

Bleak House

It's been two weeks since I chose not to drive myself and my family into the river. I stand by that decision even though these past many days have been wracked with sickness, frustration, and mind-bending fatigue. The mucus production alone, if collected in one place, would have qualified as a biological WMD. Two ear aches, one sinus infection, one large case of bronchitis and three courses of antibiotics later and the house today sounds a little less like a World War One field hospital and more like a home. You may want to wash your hands after reading this.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tom, we've been germ-free this winter and I think washing your hands like an obsessive compulsive really does help. Not to be rubbing it in or anything. I've spent my share of winters in VT and when I returned to the sunny southland in 1975, I wondered why I ever left. My car starts everytime in the winter and no rust, except for the morons that insist on driving their SUV's through the surf, like on those car commercials.

9:17 PM  
Blogger piglet said...

My, how time flies when you're having phlegm.

10:49 PM  
Blogger Tom Bodett said...

Gone mad? Not yet, but I'm planning to.

11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tom, apropos of absolutely nothing -- I'm just some guy you don't know, who lives in Richmond, Vermont. I didn't realize until today that you live in Vermont, let alone that you live in Putney. You wouldn't by any chance know my aunt, Eva Mondon, would you?

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jay,
I have not met your aunt, but I will keep my eyes peeled. We actually live in E. Dummerston, but Putney is our milk and egg place.

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

© Current Tom Bodett
All Rights Reserved


Reproduction or distribution of any article or portion of this website - such as copying and
pasting into an email to send to all your crummy friends, or harrassing pregnant women,
or for implementation as a flotation device -- is strictly prohibited without written
permission from Bodett.com. We mean it. Don't do it.
Steps will be taken. Oh yes. Steps will be taken.
(Unless you really want to, then go ahead. We don't care.)