Bodett.com BioBodett.com BlogBodett.com BookshelfBodett.com

Monday, February 06, 2006

Rolling Stones gather no...

Watching Mick Jagger prance around the arena at last night's Super Bowl I thought, how does someone who looks that old move that young? I mean face it - Mick and the boys appear somewhat mummified these days. Yet, if I tried any of Mick's moves -- at 12 years his junior -- I would have a back spasm for a week. Of course, it's clear they should all have discovered skin moisturizers at an earlier age. And Keith isn't moving so well. He tried that one little dip and I thought I heard his knee pop clear out here in Vermont. And were those orthopedic boots he was wearing?
But, if you detect a tinge of envy in my criticism, you are not mistaken. I've been listening to these guys since I was a kid. Now, 40 years later, they're still rockin' the house and what am I doing? Sitting on the sofa ridiculing their skin conditions. As the man might say, Hey you - get offa my cloud.

4 Comments:

Blogger WaywardScooterGirl said...

I dunno, Mick and company kind of frightened me. On one hand, it's pretty amazing to see them still doing what they've done so well for 40 years...but wow, they look pretty well pickled. When does it stop being amazing and start being embarassing?

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your comments fairly much echo'd mine and the wife's.
We were both amazed that someone could move like that at his age [and history of medicinal use].

But they were pretty good for old guys too.

=0)

btw...I love them Powerbooks too.

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean. I saw them live about 6 years ago and I remember thinking in the first couple songs, "Man, Keith's about to die!" Having him on the Jumbo-tron didn't help. :)

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder how it would have sounded if Brian Jones were still alive and with the band.

Brian Jones was a true legend. He was indeed

Our Most Precious Stone
words and music by Dr. BLT (c)2006
http://www.drblt.net/music/PreciousStone.mp3

He is, without a doubt, the inspiration for me wanting to become

The Opening Act for the Rolling Stones
words and music by Dr. BLT (c)2006
http://www.drblt.net/music/OpeningACT.mp3

Then again,
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Dr. BLT's cover of the Stones' classic:
http://drblt.net/music/CantAlwaysGet.mp3

He's been the inspiration for my
Stone Ground Dreams
words and music by Dr. BLT (c)2006
http://www.drblt.net/music/stoneground.mp3

It's too bad, Brian that

Time Was Never on Your Side
words and music by Dr. BLT (c)2006
http://www.drblt.net/music/timewasnev.mp3

May he rest in peace.

Humbly Yours,

Dr. Bruce L. Thiessen
aka Dr. BLT
The World's First Blog 'n' Roll Artist

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

© Current Tom Bodett
All Rights Reserved


Reproduction or distribution of any article or portion of this website - such as copying and
pasting into an email to send to all your crummy friends, or harrassing pregnant women,
or for implementation as a flotation device -- is strictly prohibited without written
permission from Bodett.com. We mean it. Don't do it.
Steps will be taken. Oh yes. Steps will be taken.
(Unless you really want to, then go ahead. We don't care.)