Bodett.com BioBodett.com BlogBodett.com BookshelfBodett.com

Friday, March 30, 2012

My Megamillions

Today I bought my first Megamillions lottery tickets ever. Why now? With a 640 million dollar jackpot I figured it was worth it. So I bought 5 tickets. Holding five tickets lowers my odds of winning to a promising 35,200,000 to 1. That's the same odds as me getting struck by lightning 61 times. But here's the thing -- It's a cool and sunny day and there are no storms of any kind in the forecast before tonight's lottery drawing. So I'm not going to get hit my lightning even one time, which means that surely I will have to win the lottery. If you don't understand that math, then there's no helping you.

Now all I have to do is decide how to use the money. The kids will get raises on their allowances for sure. I'll probably get new tires for the van even though I could milk another summer out of them. But that's just how you roll with that kind of money. I'll buy something nice for the wife - maybe a Senator or something. The rest, of course, I'll probably spend on tools. It's almost enough to get everything I want.

Stay tuned. Tomorrow, when I win, I will post about how it feels. I'm guessing it will be great.

6 Comments:

Blogger omgitshim said...

The ole gang at the end of the road would sure remind you that you knew them. You'd find friends and relatives you didn't even know you had. If you win remember i am that long lost cousin that you haven't been able to locate.

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tom, It's a sound plan, except maybe tools before tires?
Bill

7:35 AM  
Blogger Rankincat said...

Why am I just now discovering your blog? Enjoy your humor so much.

9:10 PM  
Blogger Wildblogger said...

Did you win??!!??

2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So.. how does it feel winning 640 million?

Did you get your wife that Senator you were alluding to?

2:43 PM  
Anonymous Amanda Smith said...

I know this has nothing to do with your subject. I have been listening to your "I'll leave the light on for you" since you first said it. It seems like it was back in the 60's. Am I wrong? It always made me miss home but to know when I went home the light was always on for me, gave me this warm feeling. Tom Bodet, I hope you never stop. It's my favorite comm.of all times. I always look for Motel 6's, it's a great place to stay and they always "keep the light on for you" just a different
kind of light bulb!! I love it!!

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

© Current Tom Bodett
All Rights Reserved


Reproduction or distribution of any article or portion of this website - such as copying and
pasting into an email to send to all your crummy friends, or harrassing pregnant women,
or for implementation as a flotation device -- is strictly prohibited without written
permission from Bodett.com. We mean it. Don't do it.
Steps will be taken. Oh yes. Steps will be taken.
(Unless you really want to, then go ahead. We don't care.)